tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Roth <Mark.R...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: PHP from Tomcat , some news from JFC :)
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 15:41:43 GMT
 From what I hear, the current PHPServlet is okay for simple things, but
the integration you're looking for is not quite there yet.

There's some work going on to let Java and scripting languages act more
friendly with each other.  For those who are interested, check out
JSR-223, Scripting Pages in Java Web Applications.

     http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=223

This JSR focuses on tight integration between PHP (or other scripting
languages) and Java webapps.  Zend is an active participant on the
expert group and is interested in such integration.

I believe they're building their RI on top of Tomcat.

Cool stuff!

---
Mark Roth, Java Software
JSP 2.0 Specification Lead