tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Jess M. Holle" <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk 1.2.3 source release ready for binary build/testing
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 17:04:02 GMT
Henri Gomez wrote:

>> I built this on Windows against both Apache 1.3.27 and 2.0.45.
>>
>> It worked fine against 1.3.27 in my minimalistic testing.
>>
>> It did NOT seem to work at all in 2.0.45.  Specifically, it loaded,
>> created an empty log file (despite the fact that I specified
>> JkLogLevel debug) and nothing more.  The JkMount directive that
>> worked fine with the same Apache with mod_jk 1.2.2 (built in the same
>> fashion against the same Apache) resulted in me getting JSP source.
>>
>> I noticed the 2.0.45 binary for Windows on the site -- and it gave me
>> the same problem.
>
> It works for me using the Apache provided Windows binaries (Apache
> 2.0.45 and mod_jk 1.2.3 dll).

I've narrowed down the issue -- which for me is a showstopper.

mod_jk 1.2.3 will not be invoked for when one does a configuration ala:

    LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.dll
    JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
    Alias /Myname "D:/filePathToDocumentBase"

Creates a test.jsp page at D:/filePathToDocumentBase/test.jsp ala:

<% out.println( "hello world" ); %>

and then attempts to invoke the JSP via the browser ala:

    http://fullyQualfiedHostname/Myname/test.jsp

I'll duplicate this with the Apache 2.0.45 binary for Windows from
Apache's distro site, but everything works absolutely fine in my case
until I add the Alias directive (which works fine with mod_jk 1.2.3 with
Apache 1.3.27 and with mod_jk 1.2.2 with Apache 1.3.27 and 2.0.45).

Perhaps the hook re-prioritization wasn't bulletproof?

--
Jess Holle