tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Jess M. Holle" <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk 1.2.3 source release ready for binary build/testing
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 13:35:06 GMT
Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> The Windows/Unix incompatability problem for the Apache 2 version of
> mod_jk 1.2.3 should
> now be resolved.  I have also modified the hook priorities and tested
> them for Apache 2.0.
> Both mod_alias and mod_dir are working the way they should.
>
> Please build binaries for different platforms and test.
>
> When a number of OS's/platforms have been built and tested
> successfully I will
> announce this release.

> New source distribution available at:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/release/v1.2.3/src/

I built this on Windows against both Apache 1.3.27 and 2.0.45.

It worked fine against 1.3.27 in my minimalistic testing.

It did NOT seem to work at all in 2.0.45.  Specifically, it loaded,
created an empty log file (despite the fact that I specified JkLogLevel
debug) and nothing more.  The JkMount directive that worked fine with
the same Apache with mod_jk 1.2.2 (built in the same fashion against the
same Apache) resulted in me getting JSP source.

I noticed the 2.0.45 binary for Windows on the site -- and it gave me
the same problem.

Anyone else see this problem?  My relevant conf directives are:

    LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.dll

    <IfModule mod_jk.c>
       JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties
       JkLogFile logs/mod_jk.log
       JkLogLevel error
       JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
       JkMount /*.jsp/* ajp13
    </IfModule>

and my relevant workers.properties entries are:

    worker.ajp13.port=8009
    worker.ajp13.host=localhost
    worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
    worker.ajp13.lbfactor=1
    worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
    worker.loadbalancer.balanced_workers=ajp13

    [I can attach the whole thing if it turns out to be relevant...]

Note that these settings were essentially the same in the Apache 1.3.27
test.

[I was anxious to move to this release due to the issues supposedly
fixed, but this is currently a non-starter as I need a single version
for Apache 1.3.27 (on UNIX actually) and 2.0.45 on Windows.]

--
Jess Holle