tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: mappingObject for j2eeType=WebModule
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 18:27:41 GMT
Amy Roh wrote:

> I'm using old embedded api not jmx embedded.  I don't think
> ServerLifecycleListener and GlobalResourceLifecycleListener are getting
> created.  This might be the problem.  I'd have to create these listeners
> support jmx in olde embedded, right?  Does Modeler automatically load in
> this case as well?

If you use the old embedded - you need to load at least
ServerLifecycleListener. That's what loads the descriptors for standalone
mode.

You could load them yourself - MbeanUtils.createRegistry() or something like
that. Most of the functionality in ServerLifecycleListener is now
implemented in the core objects. But I think there are few things in SLL
that are not moved.

In any case - modeler is supposed to find descriptors automatically. Still
suspect a class loading problem...

>> Modeler Registry.findDescriptor() is the class that loads the metadata,
>> it is called by findManagedBean(). If you add a
>>   new Throwable().printStackTrace() we can figure out if it is called,
>> and maybe we can find out why it is not found.
>
> Sure.  I can try this out and let you know.

Thanks.

Costin