tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "James Williamson" <ja...@nameonthe.net>
Subject Re: mod_webapp deprecation - care if I close bugs
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:04:15 GMT
> James Williamson wrote:

> > I recently posted a patch which solved the major bugbear of mod_webapp:
> > the seperating of static and dynamic content. In fact, it provides an
> > allow/deny
> > facility, something mod_jk doesn't.
> >
> > In fact, I've fixed some of the other bugs with mod_webapp (JMX etc),
I'd
> > be happy to contribute the bug fixes.
> >
> > Does anyone have any figures on speed etc between the two connectors?
>
> What's this allow/deny property ?
>
> Do you means you could forward /examples/* to tomcat except
> /examples/*.html ?
>
> If so, it should be easy to add in both jk/jk2 but I didn't recall
> have such requests

That's exactly it, with all the free webapps out there written in all sorts
of languages
we find many of our clients are combining jsp/servlets with php/asp/perl
etc. Obviously having
allow/deny makes the co-existence of these web technologies fairly painless.

Regards,

James Williamson
www.nameonthe.net
Tel: +44 208 7415453