tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Chapman <grah...@patia.com>
Subject Releases not being signed any more?
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 08:06:11 GMT
I see that Tomcat binary releases after 3.3.1 do not have accompanying
digital signatures from the developers. I have scoured the mailing list
archives and FAQ's and I can't see where the signatures have been moved or
why they are not there. Are they there where I haven't looked, or has the
release signing procedure been discontinued?

I am interested because of the recent spate of FTP server hacking - OpenSSH
just the other week. I have to be careful of what I install on my
employer's network, and Tomcat is not a good place to have a trojan inserted.

Thanks for the excellent software.

Graham
-----
Graham Chapman