tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Pier Fumagalli <p...@betaversion.org>
Subject Re: Building modapp for Tomcat4.0 and apache1_3.23
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:44:40 GMT
"GOMEZ Henri" <hgomez@slib.fr> wrote:

>> BTW, to build Java code with ant there have been an introduction of
>> dependancies with code outside "webapp" itself... Therefore, I
>> can't build
>> the java code using it...
>>
>> Back to the old command line ..... WHATEVERERRRRRRR
>
> Are you sure ? Wasn't you complaining sometimes ago on
> some apache list about configure/libtool ;)

Partly, and I still am. GNU LibTool sucks badly, but I have to live with it
because that has been the choice of the APR/HTTPD projects (although I'm not
the only to think that it's bad)...

Configure (what's configure? Autoconf?) is good when you write it right.
Some of the library tests are "so so" (that's why I don't like to use
AC_JAVA, but rather wrote our own "AP_JAVA") but on the overall it's great
apart from the syntax (M4) which can be quite hard to track...

SO? That doesn't mean that I'm going to -1 for a Ant replacement of
Makefiles....

    Pier