tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Jones" <kev...@develop.com>
Subject Strange looping behaviour in B6
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 21:58:37 GMT
I have a web application under development that's using tag libraries. In my
WEB-INF/lib directory I have a bunch of .jar files. I also have a bunch of
.jar.old files (I've renamed the old jars rather than replace them). If I
leave the .jar.old files in the lib directory TC4B6 goes into a reloading
loop for that context.

My server.xml looks like this

<Context path="/course" docBase="c:/webapps/coursesapp" debug="9"
reloadable="true">
  <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.SystemOutLogger"
timestamp="true"/>
  <Loader checkInterval="3" />
</Context>

and the context is getting reloaded every 3 seconds without me doing
anything. If I take the .jar.old files out the behaviour stops!

If you can't repro this I'll happily send you the entire webapp (it's big)
and/or work on reproing this on a simpler scale,

Kevin Jones
DevelopMentor
www.develop.com