tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "Li Liang" <lli...@firstrain.com>
Subject RE: Cookieless session management by URL rewritting
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:15:13 GMT
I don't know any "automatic" approach. How can Tomcat know which URL is
supposed to rewrite? It has no knowledge of the format of the response.

If you need to modify the response, at least you need access to
HttpServletResponse.

If I understand right, RequestInterceptor with noCookies only means that
response.encodeURL() will not use cookie, the rewriting URL is the only
option when it's called.

Li

-----Original Message-----
From: iandri@xs.gr [mailto:iandri@xs.gr]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 12:03 PM
To: 'tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Cookieless session management by URL rewritting

Is there any way to configure Tomcat 3.2.2 so that it automatically
rewrites
URLs by adding Session ID (SID) on them?
I'm using Oracle XSQL Servlet, Apache 1.3.20 with mod_jk as NT service
on
Windows 2000 Server.
I can't use encodeURL because I develop no servlets.
One solution could be a RequestInterceptor class with noCookies
attribute
set to "true".