tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From cos...@eng.sun.com
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat TODO
Date Sat, 16 Oct 1999 16:35:45 GMT

> >     * Possibly experiment with XDR to replace AJP as a TCP connector
> >       protocol.
>
> What's this XDR?

A protocol similar with AJP. It's one of the oldest wire protocols, used
mostly in NFS ( right now there is a kernel-based implementation for Linux,
and very fast implementations in all OS ). It is used for RPC also.

It doesn't have all the overhead of IIOP - but it's more complex than AJP.

>        * Port JServ extended logging ability. This is _way_ useful for

Yes!

Regarding configuration/monitoring - a web based interface would be great
( maybe in form of independent servlets/JSP pages ).
If we'll really integrate tomcat with Apache, it would be nice to also
support
apache monitoring and control - it's much easier to do it in Servlets/JPS
than
in C :-)

Costin