tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From "James Davidson" <dun...@x180.com>
Subject Re: problem building ANT
Date Mon, 18 Oct 1999 08:26:47 GMT
> How is it included?  startup.sh does not refer to it.  The only
> place I see javac.jar mentioned is in bootstrap.bat.

It's not included yet. It's intended to be included in the lib directory.

> How can the javac.jar built for JDK 1.2 work on a JDK 1.1.x system?

Good question. The Sun/ASF Agreement notes that the tools.jar is allowed to
be redistributed by apache (although only under a special provision that
anybody who accepts it understands that it is subject to Sun's license).
I'll have to check to see what the exact wording of the agreement is and see
if we can roll back to a 1.1 version of the compiler.

.duncan