tephra-dev mailing list archives

From Curtis Howard <curtis.james.how...@gmail.com>
Subject Tephra + Phoenix - configuration for high availability
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2018 14:16:54 GMT
Hi,

We are using Tephra to support transactions with Phoenix and would like to
configure Tephra in HA mode.
It seems that one option could be through the CFG_DATA_TX_ZOOKEEPER_QUORUM
property:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-tephra/blob/d0a1c4c295fd28e68223db220b13dc1b12b326da/tephra-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tephra/TxConstants.java#L224-L226

I've tested this with a couple of Tephra manager processes on different
hosts, and they do seem to pass off control as the leader/standby
instance.   It's not clear to me though how "in-flight" transactions that
have been initiated but not committed yet would be handled during a
failover?

Is this the recommended approach?  Are the any other settings besides
CFG_DATA_TX_ZOOKEEPER_QUORUM that we need to consider?

Thank you!
Curtis