tephra-dev mailing list archives

From Poorna Chandra <poo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tephra unreliable in CI environments
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2016 03:43:00 GMT
Hi Francis,

This is due to guava-12 vs guava-13 incompatibility [1]. Tephra depends on
guava-13 and HBase depends on guava-12. Depending on how the OS orders the
jars in the classpath, sometimes guava-12 may appear earlier in the
classpath. This leads to the NoSuchMethodError exception. We are planning
on removing Tephra's dependency on guava-13 in the next release. Until then
a workaround is to add guava-13 jar into the classpath before guava-12 jar.

Thanks,
Poorna.

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEPHRA-181