tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Numa Schmeder <n...@dfacto.ch>
Subject Re: Jetbrains considers to deprecate Tapestry plugin in IntelliJ 2019.3
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2019 15:31:14 GMT
Technologies such as Tapestry are not more deprecated than Wicket neither worst. Wicked has
its benefits, but also quite a lot of weakness. Wicket is very verbose and annoying to refactor,
I can’t see any advantage of Wicket over Tapestry.
Regarding new technologies, there are plenty of new technologies, new doesn’t mean good
:) I enjoy ajax application, micros service architecture, but for data entry application they
don’t ad any value.
Ajax application, whatever framework, you use are a nightmare to debug who you have 100K+
lines of code… javascript is just another scripting language used by novice programmer that
thinks they are kings of the world because they manage to write 3 lines of code. Every framework
has its use cases, Tapestry is good at rapid development and prototyping application. It mixes
well with ajax frameworks. Vaadin is also cool :)
Just don’t use it if you don’t like it…

> Le 4 juil. 2019 à 16:47, Charles Roth <croth@thedance.net> a écrit :
>
> Emmanuel:
>
> Do you seriously NOT realize what is going on here?  YOU were the first person to start
calling people names.  YOU are the one using "ad hominem" arguments about Tapestry users.
 YOU are the one crying "Mom, he hit me back first!"

> I actually AGREE with you that it's past time to move on from Tapestry.  I'm a senior
architect for a company with a large Tapestry app that has been engaged in exactly that direction
for ~2 years. (And no, they chose Tapestry before I got there.)   But a million lines of code
doesn't turn on a dime.  In the meantime, there are kind and thoughtful people on this list
who are HELPING EACH OTHER.

> But your overbearing, insulting messages destroy any validity to your message.  (Which
is a real pity, because you are correct about the technology.)  You're not persecuted: you're
whining. Don't believe me: read an expert, say "Uncle Bob" Martin ("Clean Coder") about how
to work with PEOPLE.