tapestry-users mailing list archives

From Davide Vecchi ...@amc.dk>
Subject Implementing a "bottomless" grid
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2017 15:58:50 GMT
Hi everybody,

Before starting to code this myself, I'm trying to find out if there already exists some component
or mixin to apply to the grid to do something similar, or if Tapestry has support for this
in other ways. Also, any thought about this subject would be welcome.

By "bottomless" I mean a grid that doesn't have the GridPager with the page numbers the user
can click to paginate through the list of rows, and instead it has a clickable "Load [N] more
rows" element that will append to the currently displayed rows the next N rows found in the
datasource. Also a clickable element to go directly to the end of the list would be useful.

The grid would have its own vertical scrollbar. If the scrollbar itself causes the loading
of the next rows when scrolling to its bottom, that would be OK and in that case I wouldn't
need the "Load more rows" clickable element.

There might be more grids in the same page, so each grid must be in its own zone and its rows
be scrollable independently, without having to scroll the page itself.

Thanks for any possible thought.