syncope-dev mailing list archives

From Guido Wimmel <gu...@wimmel.net>
Subject Re: JavaEE connection pool removeAbandoned setting
Date Thu, 31 May 2018 17:30:20 GMT
Hi Francesco,

Am 30.05.2018 um 11:11 schrieb Francesco Chicchiriccò:
> On 29/05/2018 20:36, Guido Wimmel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> the recommended JavaEE configuration example on
>> http://syncope.apache.org/docs/reference-guide.html#javaee-container
>> contains
>>
>> <Resource ... removeAbandonedTimeout="20000" ... />
>>
>> Is this intentional? Seems strange to me, as this setting is in
>> seconds (corresponding to more than 5 hours), according to
>> https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/jdbc-pool.html
>>
>> Seems to have been introduced long ago in
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-61 , which talks about
>> milliseconds.
>>
>> Or do I overlook something here?
>
> Hi Guido,
> it seems you're right.
>
> I would say that we should replace 20000 with 20.
> (I must admit that since when we introduced HikariCP I am not
> regularly using the Tomcat DBCP, not even in production).
>
> Would you like to take care of such change both in
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Run+Syncope+in+real+environments#RunSyncopeinrealenvironments-context.xml

> and
>
> https://github.com/apache/syncope/blob/2_0_X/src/main/asciidoc/reference-guide/workingwithapachesyncope/systemadministration/javaeecontainer.adoc

> ?
> Regards.

Sure, I can make the changes.
Default in Tomcat is 60. 20 might also be appropriate as a
recommendation if there are no long running queries.

To be sure: the change in git should really be in the 2_0_X branch of
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/syncope.git , right? Any
requirements on the commit message?
For the Wiki change I'd need change permission (Username: wimmelg).

Cheers, Guido