subversion-users mailing list archives

From David Aldrich <david.aldrich.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Can I authenticate to Subversion using ssh?
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2021 09:46:44 GMT
Hi

We run a Jenkins job that lists the branches and tags of a certain svn
repository by running 'svn ls'.

The command, of course, requires svn authentication and so a password must
be provided.  Jenkins has a svn plugin which allows it to check out from
svn repositories, using stored credentials, before running a job.  As far
as I know, the job itself can't access those credentials. The job script
could provide the password but that is very insecure. I have gotten around
this in the past by using gnome keyring, but I find that very hard to
install on a headless server, so I have a problem of how to provide the
password.

So my question is: is it possible to authenticate to svn, i.e. run svn
commands, using ssh key-based authentication instead of using a password?

If so, can you point me in the right direction please?

Best regards
David