subversion-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten ...@freigmbh.de>
Subject Re: How to revert trunk to an earlier revision?
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2020 14:31:34 GMT
Hello,

> When I look up svn revert it only talks about removing local edits,
> but what about this:
>
> Working on trunk and committing a few changes, which later turns out
> to be wrong.
> Now I want to set trunk head to be at the revision where the edits
> started out from.

You can use a feature called reverse merge.

First make sure your working copy has no pending changes. -> revert
everything or check out a new copy

If you want to go back to revision 497 use:

|svn merge -r HEAD:497 .|

you can now commit to " sort of reset" the server to the same code as in
version 497, or make more edits before you commit.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1930725/svn-reverse-merge