subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Campbell, Nina" <nina.campb...@t-tales.com>
Subject 'File not found' error when doing svnrdump load
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2019 15:00:24 GMT
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could help with an error I'm running into when trying to merge two
tags.
The aim was to create a new repo (NewRepo) that was a merge of two existing tags ('Trunk'
and 'Tag').

1) NewRepo is a copy of Trunk, created using: 'svn merge -r 1:HEAD [Trunk URL]' into an empty
folder (I'm not sure why it was done this way)
2) A dump of 'Tag' was created using 'svnrdump dump'

Now, we're trying to merge Tag into NewRepo by doing 'svnrdump load [NewRepoURL] < Tag.svn_dump

However I'm getting errors about missing files.

svnrdump: E160013: File not found: transaction '164843-3o0f', path 'NewRepo/File.txt'

I had a look and File.txt seems to exist on 'Tag', but it didn't exist on 'Trunk' (so by extension
doesn't exist on NewRepo). I thought that 'svnrdump load' would bring over all the revisions
from Tag, so I expected it would bring across this new file too. Is that incorrect, or am
I doing something wrong with the dump file?

Thank you.