subversion-users mailing list archives

From Mark Phippard <markp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Set up HA subversion server
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2019 19:54:31 GMT
> On Jun 27, 2019, at 2:38 PM, JITHIN K <jithinkcs@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Any support would be appreciated.
>
>> On Sun 23 Jun, 2019, 1:51 PM JITHIN K, <jithinkcs@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello Everyone,
>>
>> I installed Subversion 1.9 in two servers (Ubuntu Linux). One act as a production
server and second one work as a mirror server (svnsync) . I would like to implement high availability
setup in Subversion servers.  What would be the recommended options.  I know that subversion
does not provide HA feature ( Wandisco does but it's costly). I am familiar with HAProxy but
svnsync only sync master to mirror so I could not use HA proxy. Could you please suggest a
recommended option?

I do not believe there is any official way to do this.

Unofficially, it is possible to host your repositories on a NFS mount that is then mounted
by multiple SVN servers and load balance between them. It is up to you to test it and make
it work but it is possible.  I would only do this with an Enterprise Grade NAS that has fast
SSD storage and even then it definitely slower than a single server using a fast local RAID
array. But if you have some real need to have this sort of setup it is possible.

Of course with an Enterprise NAS it is also possible to have the storage snapshot replicated
to a second location as a failover.

Mark