subversion-users mailing list archives

From Alexey Neyman <sti...@att.net>
Subject Re: Weird behavior of `svn --non-interactive`
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2019 04:42:40 GMT
On 2/26/19 12:07 AM, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 05:41:13PM -0800, Alexey Neyman wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am encountering some weird behavior after upgrading my workstation to
>> Ubuntu 18.10 - which also upgraded the SVN to version 1.10.0 (r1827917).
>>
>> An attempt to query anything from the server using the `--non-interactive`
>> flag fails, unless there has been a recent "interactive session" with this
>> server.
>>
>> aneyman@yehat:~/work/lsk-ranges$ svn --non-interactive pl ^/
>> svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
>> 'svn://svn.lynx.com/lynxsecure'
>> svn: E170001: Can't get username or password
>> aneyman@yehat:~/work/lsk-ranges$ svn pl ^/
>> Properties on 'svn://svn.lynx.com/lynxsecure':
>>    reviewboard:url
>> aneyman@yehat:~/work/lsk-ranges$ svn --non-interactive pl ^/
>> Properties on 'svn://svn.lynx.com/lynxsecure':
>>    reviewboard:url
>>
>> This happens during various actions by `rbt` (RBTools) which runs svn with
>> --non-interactive flag.
>>
>> Note that the "interactive" run of svn does not even query the password - it
>> happily uses the stored password and proceeds. Why isn't the non-interactive
>> invocation doing the same?
>>
>> I also tried the development version of Subversion a couple of weeks ago; it
>> has the same behavior.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Alexey.
> I agree this looks like a bug.
>
> To find the bug we'll likely need to know which password store is
> actually being used by your installation of Subversion.
> plaintext? gpg-agent? gnome-keyring? kwallet?

SVN configuration doesn't have the password store option specified, so I
assume it is using the default - according to the comment in the
.subversion/config, it is "gpg-agent,gnome-keyring,kwallet". I have
kwallet installed and configured with empty master password. I also have
gpg-agent and gnome-keyring installed, but I don't think I ever used
either of them on that machine. How can I check which store was SVN
actually trying to use at the time it happens?

Regards,
Alexey.