subversion-users mailing list archives

From Alexey Neyman <sti...@att.net>
Subject Weird behavior of `svn --non-interactive`
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2019 01:41:13 GMT
Hi all,

I am encountering some weird behavior after upgrading my workstation to
Ubuntu 18.10 - which also upgraded the SVN to version 1.10.0 (r1827917).

An attempt to query anything from the server using the
`--non-interactive` flag fails, unless there has been a recent
"interactive session" with this server.

aneyman@yehat:~/work/lsk-ranges$ svn --non-interactive pl ^/
svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL
'svn://svn.lynx.com/lynxsecure'
svn: E170001: Can't get username or password
aneyman@yehat:~/work/lsk-ranges$ svn pl ^/
Properties on 'svn://svn.lynx.com/lynxsecure':
   reviewboard:url
aneyman@yehat:~/work/lsk-ranges$ svn --non-interactive pl ^/
Properties on 'svn://svn.lynx.com/lynxsecure':
   reviewboard:url

This happens during various actions by `rbt` (RBTools) which runs svn
with --non-interactive flag.

Note that the "interactive" run of svn does not even query the password
- it happily uses the stored password and proceeds. Why isn't the
non-interactive invocation doing the same?

I also tried the development version of Subversion a couple of weeks
ago; it has the same behavior.

Regards,
Alexey.