subversion-users mailing list archives

From Scott Bloom <sc...@towel42.com>
Subject RE: SVN keyword replacement
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2019 18:04:19 GMT
Mark, This looks like its exactly what Im looking for!

Thanks

Scott

From: Mark Phippard <markphip@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2019 10:01
To: Pavel Lyalyakin <pavel.lyalyakin@visualsvn.com>
Cc: Scott Bloom <scott@towel42.com>; users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: SVN keyword replacement

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 12:55 PM Pavel Lyalyakin <pavel.lyalyakin@visualsvn.com<mailto:pavel.lyalyakin@visualsvn.com>>
wrote:
Hello Scott,

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 8:41 PM Scott Bloom <scott@towel42.com<mailto:scott@towel42.com>>
wrote:

> Our repository currently uses $HeadURL, and it works as advertised.
>
> However, I would prefer just the file from ^, this way if there is a branch, and a switch,
everyfile wont have to be rebuilt.

> The redbooks lists nothing like this, but Im hoping it’s a documentation issue
>
> Scott

Could you please show some examples of the desired result? How do you
use the $HeadURL keyword now? Do you want to make $HeadURL show
contents of this file? What '^' file are you asking about?

I assume by ^ he means it the same way that SVN can use this when specifying a URL within
the working copy. IOW, he wants the repository-relative path of the file not the complete
URL.

As long as you are using SVN 1.8 or later you can now define custom keywords.  See:  https://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.8#custom-keywords
and http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.props.special.keywords.html

It looks like %P is the value you would want to use.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/