subversion-users mailing list archives

From Scott Bloom <sc...@towel42.com>
Subject RE: SVN keyword replacement
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2019 18:02:07 GMT
Thanks for the response!

In our C++ files, we use the following in our copyright header

/*

$Author$ - $Revision$ - $Date$
$HeadURL$

*/

Which gets replaced with the appropriate data.

$HeadURL$ gets substituted with

$HeadURL: http://svnsvrpath/trunk/dir1/dir2/filename.cpp

The problem is, if I do a svn cp &  switch for a branch
svn cp ^/trunk ^/branches/workbranch/
svn switch ^/branches/workbranch

the file gets updated (every file, every header etc) to
$HeadURL: http://svnsvrpath/branches/workbranch/dir1/dir2/filename.cpp

What I would prefer
$HeadURL: ^/dir1/dir2/filename.cpp

This way, I can see where the file is located in the repository, but on a svn branch, the
file doesn’t change

Does this make sense?

Thanks again,
Scott