subversion-users mailing list archives

From Chagai Nota <chagai.n...@altair-semi.com>
Subject RE: svn problem
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2019 09:18:49 GMT
First Thx for the answers

Did you try updating to latest Subversion (or at least a recent version)?
Our company now working with 1.8 its will be problematic to move to 1.11 (also for other users
it’s not happen)

Also did you try with working copy on the local computer instead of CIFS share?
It’s not CIFS share its NFS share I didn’t try because the working copy most to be on
share drive because e we have also grid system.
From: Nathan Hartman <hartman.nathan@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 6 February 2019 3:18
To: users@subversion.apache.org
Cc: Chagai Nota <chagai.nota@altair-semi.com>; Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@gmail.com>;
Pavel Lyalyakin <pavel.lyalyakin@visualsvn.com>
Subject: Re: svn problem

**[EXTERNAL EMAIL]**
On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 7:18 PM Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@gmail.com<mailto:nkadel@gmail.com>>
wrote:
On Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 1:38 AM Chagai Nota <chagai.nota@altair-semi.com<mailto:chagai.nota@altair-semi.com>>
wrote:

> in network share

The network share is a CIFS share, and the local Subversion is old?
Older versions of Subversion had very poor performance on CIFS.
Did you try updating to latest Subversion (or at least a recent version)?

Also did you try with working copy on the local computer instead of CIFS share?

(Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't storing the working copy on a network share cause  issues
with atomic operations?)

________________________________

This email has been scanned for spam and viruses by Proofpoint Essentials. Click here<https://eu1.proofpointessentials.com/index01.php?mod_id=11&mod_option=logitem&mail_id=1549415892-D2_MAtVF6RbK&r_address=chagai.nota%40altair-semi.com&report=1>
to report this email as spam.

Important Notice: This email message and any attachments thereto are confidential and/or privileged
and/or subject to privacy laws and are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named above.
If you are not the intended addressee, you are hereby kindly notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying or use of this email and any attachments thereto is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, kindly delete it from your computer system and notify
us at the telephone number or email address appearing above. The writer asserts in respect
of this message and attachments all rights for confidentiality, privilege or privacy to the
fullest extent permitted by law.