subversion-users mailing list archives

From Chagai Nota <chagai.n...@altair-semi.com>
Subject RE: svn problem
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2019 10:31:25 GMT
Thank you very much for your detailed answer.
I understand what that you say and I will start this migration process, if problem still be
there I'll let you know, Thanks all appreciate your help very much

Thx
Chagai Nota

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Sperling <stsp@apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, 10 February 2019 12:28
To: Chagai Nota <chagai.nota@altair-semi.com>
Cc: Nathan Hartman <hartman.nathan@gmail.com>; users@subversion.apache.org; Nico Kadel-Garcia
<nkadel@gmail.com>; Pavel Lyalyakin <pavel.lyalyakin@visualsvn.com>
Subject: Re: svn problem

**[EXTERNAL EMAIL]**

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 09:18:49AM +0000, Chagai Nota wrote:
> Our company now working with 1.8 its will be problematic to move to
> 1.11 (also for other users it’s not happen)

Subversion 1.8 is no longer officially supported, which means that problems you find while
using Subversion 1.8 won't be fixed anymore.

Of course, if Subversion 1.8 works for you, you are free to keep using it.
But we can support you only if you upgrade to a supported version first.
I understand upgrading can be difficult in some environments, but please consider the fact
that we are a volunteer community which does not have the resources to keep supporting old
relaeses forever.

Note also that clients and server can be upgraded separately because clients and servers in
all released versions of Subversion are compatible with each other. You can start using Subversion
1.11 clients with your 1.8 server today -- there won't be a problem.

I recommend upgrading your SVN server to Subversion 1.10 ASAP.
Subversion 1.10 is our current long-term support (LTS) release which will be supported until
April 2022.
See https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__subversion.apache.org_roadmap.html-23release-2Dplanning&d=DwIDaQ&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=jm7M7VuAC03WZiP8QPjQXbsP_SRYyhc66dx6T2rYKGk&m=2p6VpwkyzcE4KzWJad5C9993Dk9thu0dYzbqZcxjAnk&s=vwoHt101vLxfRjX6NrdwMyQCVjYk_BdLlWSKbnihnHQ&e=

----------

This email has been scanned for spam and viruses by Proofpoint Essentials. Visit the following
link to report this email as spam:
https://eu1.proofpointessentials.com/index01.php?mod_id=11&mod_option=logitem&mail_id=1549794490-3UZh2vGitje8&r_address=chagai.nota%40altair-semi.com&report=

Important Notice: This email message and any attachments thereto are confidential and/or privileged
and/or subject to privacy laws and are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named above.
If you are not the intended addressee, you are hereby kindly notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying or use of this email and any attachments thereto is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, kindly delete it from your computer system and notify
us at the telephone number or email address appearing above. The writer asserts in respect
of this message and attachments all rights for confidentiality, privilege or privacy to the
fullest extent permitted by law.