subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Cooke, Mark" <mark.co...@siemens-healthineers.com>
Subject RE: svn cleanup options
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2019 07:02:37 GMT

Sorry Stefan, I did not see your reply.  I have been bitten by that before and I am fairly
confident these files are not open.

> That's true but 'open by an application' and 'has read-only flag set'
> are two different things. Still, Subversion's 'make file read/write'
> will clear the Windows read-only flag specifically for this reason.
> Perhaps the read-only files are in some unversioned directory? We might
> have missed this case.
>
> -- Brane

Thanks Brane, you are right, the read-only items are in a sub-folder that is copied in as
part of the setup (and then set as read-only).  Some of the run time files are stored outside
the source tree and then copied in to the required locations before building the setup executables.

As it happens I am only really bothered about a specific sub-folder, so I have updated the
script to clear the read-only flag before running the svn commands.

The issue you have identified is still there but is it worth fixing?

~ Mark C