subversion-users mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn cleanup options
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2019 07:42:42 GMT
On 15.02.2019 08:02, Cooke, Mark wrote:
> [...]
confident these files are not open.

>> That's true but 'open by an application' and 'has read-only flag set'
>> are two different things. Still, Subversion's 'make file read/write'
>> will clear the Windows read-only flag specifically for this reason.
>> Perhaps the read-only files are in some unversioned directory? We might
>> have missed this case.
>>
>> -- Brane
> Thanks Brane, you are right, the read-only items are in a sub-folder that is copied in
as part of the setup (and then set as read-only).  Some of the run time files are stored outside
the source tree and then copied in to the required locations before building the setup executables.

> As it happens I am only really bothered about a specific sub-folder, so I have updated
the script to clear the read-only flag before running the svn commands.

> The issue you have identified is still there but is it worth fixing?

Yes, it's worth fixing, because it's a bug. :) If we have the
--remove-unversioned option and it happens not to work because we fail
to clear the read-only bit on files within unversioned directories,
well, we should fix that.

Can you file an issue in https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SVN please?

-- Brane