subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: svn cleanup options
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2019 14:29:20 GMT
On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 01:55:10PM +0000, Cooke, Mark wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Windows 7, using the 1.10.3 command line tools (from TortoiseSVN).
>
> I am trying to use `svn cleanup` in a build script (batch file) to remove some ignored
/ unversioned files that may have been generated by a previous build.  However, some of them
are marked as "read-only" and cleanup stops with an error.

Which error message and code are you seeing exactly?

The cleanup code calls a functions which is supposed to remove
files even if they don't have write-permissions, and even on Windows.
It looks like in your case this is going wrong for some reason.

On Unix, it is working as expected for me:

$ touch foo
$ chmod 444 foo
$ svn st
?       foo
$ svn cleanup --remove-unversioned
D         foo
$ svn st
$

I don't have a Windows machine.

> I have a couple of questions:
>
> Is it valid to use both --remove-ignored and --remove-unversioned in the same command?
 This is not clear in the help text although it seems to work (until it hits the read-only
files).

Yes, passing both flags at the same time is valid.

> Is there any way to say "ignore errors" or "ignore read-only" or even "remove read-only"?

Well, it should already work without errors.
I am not sure why it does not work for you :-/

Regards,
Stefan