subversion-users mailing list archives

From Mark Phippard <markp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Homebrew SVN 1.11 not working
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2019 11:28:43 GMT
> On Jan 25, 2019, at 6:26 AM, Branko ─îibej <brane@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On 25.01.2019 12:20, Mark Phippard wrote:
>>> AFAIK it does install from a bottle, but --with-javahl forces a build
>>> from source (all other bindings are bottled). You could request an
>>> improvement from the Homebrew folks, they're moderately responsive.
>>
>> Apparently JavaHL has now been removed from the package:
>>
>> https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/pull/36217
>>
>> I have not submitted a PR to them before. Would you be willing to put
>> one together that adds the JavaHL library back to the build without
>> the option?  If you do not have time, I will take a crack later today.
>>
>> I do not see any reason that JavaHL could not just be part of the
>> package. There is nothing especially difficult about distributing it.
>
> Java is not installed by default on macOS.

Yes, but so what?  All this option would do is add the .dylib and JAR to the bottle and spit
out a message telling you to create a symlink if you want to use it.  None of this would matter
if you do not use Java.  It is just a library.  It actually seems easier than is the case
for the Python and Ruby bindings.

Mark