subversion-users mailing list archives

From Branko ─îibej <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Homebrew SVN 1.11 not working
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2019 12:11:28 GMT
On 25.01.2019 12:28, Mark Phippard wrote:

>>> Apparently JavaHL has now been removed from the package:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/pull/36217
>>>
>>> I have not submitted a PR to them before. Would you be willing to put
>>> one together that adds the JavaHL library back to the build without
>>> the option?  If you do not have time, I will take a crack later today.
>>>
>>> I do not see any reason that JavaHL could not just be part of the
>>> package. There is nothing especially difficult about distributing it.
>> Java is not installed by default on macOS.
> Yes, but so what?  All this option would do is add the .dylib and JAR to the bottle and
spit out a message telling you to create a symlink if you want to use it.  None of this would
matter if you do not use Java.  It is just a library.  It actually seems easier than is the
case for the Python and Ruby bindings.

My only suggestion is to take this up with the Homebrew maintainers ...
I don't pretend to understand the decisions they make.

-- Brane