subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: Subversion Version Control
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2019 20:19:08 GMT
On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 08:07:11PM +0000, Gillead, Gennar wrote:
> I haven't used SVN but my client currently uses it and
> looking for a certain functionality before considering replacing it.  To be
> more specific can you define your own keyword replacement variables?

Hi Gennar,

It is not entirely clear to me if you mean "keyword variables" as
in Subversion's keyword substitution feature, or something else?

Defining custom keywords in SVN is possible to a certain degree. See here:
http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/1.8.html#custom-keywords
Perhaps that already does what you need?

> Based on documentation I have found it doesn't allow that functionality.

Which documentation have you consulted so far?

Features of newer SVN releases tend to be documented in the release notes,
rather than the SVN Book: http://subversion.apache.org/docs/release-notes/
This is mostly due to a lack of volunteers working on the SVN Book.

Regards,
Stefan