subversion-users mailing list archives

From Nico Kadel-Garcia <nka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can SVN pull request same as GIT?
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2018 00:19:06 GMT
On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 8:20 AM Julian Foad <julianfoad@apache.org> wrote:

> Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 10:31 PM 钱海远(Nathan) <qianhaiyuan@hikvision.com>
wrote:
> >> We want to develop a feature like git pull request .
> >> [...]
> >
> >  This seems infeasible. The working copy in which the merges would occur does not
exist in the Subversion workflow.

> Hello Nico!  What do you mean? If Nathan is developing a Subversion pull request workflow,
his software can create a WC when it needs one.

> Hello Nathan.  I am having difficulty knowing what you really require. "Like git pull
request" could mean lots of different things. It would help if you can describe exactly what
you require.

> - Julian

git pull requests perform a merge in the local repository. What you'd
need to create for this is a local repository, not a working copy, and
the working repository becomes part of a distributed source control
system. Those already exist, so I'd discourage you from trying to
re-invent that wheel and bolt it onto Subversion.