subversion-users mailing list archives

From Руслан Самигуллин <ruslanka.samigul...@gmail.com>
Subject FW: Error with svn
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2018 12:41:28 GMT
I have running Subversion on 64-bit Win and on 32-bit Win. Maybe I am wrong for this command,
I found it on this web site: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11300633/svn-cannot-set-lc-ctype-locale
I said that I don`t know how to fix my problem on Win. Please help me. What command is needed
to set “variable LANG” or another way to solve this problem?

Ruslan

From: Branko Čibej
Sent: Thursday, 20 December 2018 15:17
To: Руслан Самигуллин; users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: Error with svn

On 20.12.2018 11:31, Руслан Самигуллин wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a problem with svn. The problem appears when I run svn.exe. I have Windows 10
x64, and this problem appears in Win10 x32.

> The text from the console window is reduced below:
>
> svn: warning: cannot set LC_CTYPE locale
> svn: warning: environment variable LANG is not set
> svn: warning: please check that your locale name is correct
>
> I found that have to install language pack like that: (sudo apt-get install language-pack-en-base)
and set it like that: (export LC_ALL=C) but I don`t know how to do it. And in what catalogue
I must write the command to install in cmd?

I'm confused: You say you're running 32-bit Subversion binaries on
64-bit Windows, but then you show the proposed 'fix' as commands that
would work on some Debian-based Linux distribution? That can't be right.
Where did you get those commands from?

-- Brane