subversion-users mailing list archives

From Pavel Lyalyakin <pavel.lyalya...@visualsvn.com>
Subject Re: Symlinks on Windows
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2018 16:48:46 GMT
Hello,

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 6:39 PM, Bengt Nilsson <bengt.nilsson.external@
veoneer.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> We have a SVN-server running on Windows and there we get problem with
> symlinks.
>
> If we put up a SVN-server on a Linux-server would that work better with
> the symlinks although  the clients (TortoiseSVN) are on Windows?
>
> Or do we have to have clients on Linux as well?

Please, see SVNBook | Versioning Symbolic Links
<http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.8/svn.tour.cycle.html> (scroll down to
the "Versioning Symbolic Links" section). Is this what you are asking about?

If the answer is "yes", then the platform where the SVN server runs does
not matter. You need the clients to be on Linux, but the server can be on
Windows.

--
With best regards,
Pavel Lyalyakin