subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Problems accessing GitHub's SVN-bridge with SVN 1.11
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2018 23:34:12 GMT
Thorsten Sch├Âning wrote on Sun, 04 Nov 2018 18:57 +0100:
> Guten Tag Branko ─îibej,
> am Sonntag, 4. November 2018 um 17:47 schrieben Sie:
>
> > I'm not sure what you mean by "handles more than only DAV successfully"
>
> I thought it might be possible that GitHub answers differently but
> properly, because the other check mentioned something about HTTP v2.

The terminology is a bit unfortunate here.

There's a HTTP/2 protocol, rfc7540, but it has *nothing* to do with what
Subversion design documents refer to as "HTTPv2".  The latter is simply
a different way for libsvn_ra_serf to communicate with mod_dav_svn, but
it was designed and implemented in terms of HTTP/1 requests and responses.
(Of course, one ought to be able to run HTTPv2 over HTTP/2 if one uses
serf and httpd versions that support the latter.)

In hindsight, we should have chosen a different name for that protocol revision.