subversion-users mailing list archives

From Julian Foad <julianf...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn st without the X lines for externals?
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2018 15:04:55 GMT
Nathan Hartman wrote:
> We make extensive use of externals, so "svn st" outputs many lines
> beginning with X. Running "svn st --ignore-externals" gets rid of the
> "Performing status on external item at" output, but not the "X" lines.
> Is it possible to avoid those as well?

I would consider supporting a proposal for "svn status" to be improved/changed, if you'd like
to make such a proposal.

Meanwhile, I have been using this output-colouring wrapper script for a while, which also
hides the X lines:

  https://github.com/thejoshwolfe/svn-color

Overall I really like it. It is not perfect: it inserts color formatting even when output
is not to a tty, which means e.g. "svn diff > patchfile" produces a file that 'patch' can't
read, and I also find it runs svn --non-interactive so if a repo access would need a password
it just fails instead. In those cases, I re-try using (in Bash) "command svn ..." instead
of "svn ...".

- Julian