subversion-users mailing list archives

From Mark Phippard <markp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Svnadmin —incremental hotcopy (and other questions)
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2018 11:31:50 GMT

> On Jun 19, 2018, at 7:25 AM, Tom Browder <tom.browder@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> When an incremental hotcopy runs on REPO to BACKUPREPO is BACKUPREPO then always a full
backup of REPO?  That is,  could I do a full dump of BACKUPREPO and copy it somewhere else
for safekeeping of the full, current REPO?

It is a full backup up to whatever revision it now contains.  Yes you could take dumps off
the backup.

> Another question, is there any reason an incremental hotcopy could not be used in a post
commit hook?

No reason.  I think it would be a solid plan.

> Finally, now that version 1.10 is out, will the redbook be made current and turned into
a printed book?

The book is open source.  It is kept somewhat current but it is a volunteer effort.  I think
it is extremely unlikely that O'Reilly would ever do another printing.

Mark