subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: Problem with svndumpfilter
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2018 15:08:44 GMT
On Thu, Jun 07, 2018 at 10:40:51AM -0400, Alfred von Campe wrote:
> Thanks, Stefan.  The path of least resistance for me is to use the script you pointed
me to.  However, it seems that the exclude feature is not yet implemented:

>   try:
>     if args[0] == 'include':
>       sys.exit(analyze_logs(map(sanitize_path, targets)))
>     elif args[0] == 'exclude':
>       usage_and_exit("Feature not implemented")
>     else:
>       usage_and_exit("Valid subcommands are 'include' and 'exclude'")
>
> Is there a more recent version of this script?

I am afraid not. The link I provided points to the latest version of
this script we have in our repository.  We would welcome patches to
the script. However, since the problem has been fixed in SVN 1.10's
version of 'svnadmin' I think it makes more sense to just use 1.10.

You could install 1.10 binaries somewhere next to your existing SVN
installation and use the 1.10 svnadmin binary to create a dump file.
The resulting dump file will be compatible with older versions.