subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Problem setting Notepad++ as log message editor for svn 1.9.7 (Windows7)
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2018 16:41:41 GMT
Bo Berglund wrote on Fri, 08 Jun 2018 18:29 +0200:
> How can I use Notepad++ as the log editor and not have this happening?

Subversion runs the editor command with system() and expects that when
system() returns, if the exit code is zero then the user has finished
editing the log message.  You should ask the Notepad++ guys how to
invoke it in a way that satisfies this contract.  There may be a command-line
flag you can pass (e.g., I use editor-cmd='gvim -f').

Cheers,

Daniel