subversion-users mailing list archives

From Bo Berglund <bo.bergl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: E195019: Redirect cycle detected for URL
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2018 13:19:56 GMT
On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 03:47:54 -0500, Ryan Schmidt
<subversion-2018@ryandesign.com> wrote:

>On Mar 26, 2018, at 11:32, Bo Berglund wrote:
>
>> Alias /svn /var/lib/svn
>
>Remove that...

Thanks a million!

This line was entered due to the howto I used:
https://tecadmin.net/install-subversion-server-on-ubuntu/
Step #3 has that file content including the Alias.

I did not read the user comments on that page before but the problem
was already mentioned by user Bruno Romeiro with the solution given by
user Sean.
Shows that user feedback on howto pages like this is useful to read.

I removed the line and restarted apache2 and now I do not get the
error messages when doing a simple svn list command anymore.

Will next go over to the master server and run the svnsync intitalize
command. Hopefully this was the only problem.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden