subversion-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dan Ellis <danelli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SVN Move/rename doesn't appear to like absolute paths for SRC
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2017 19:35:04 GMT
On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 2:16 PM, Johan Corveleyn <jcorvel@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 9:36 PM, Dan Ellis <danellis10@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 12:06 AM, Johan Corveleyn <jcorvel@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 11:50 PM, Dan Ellis <danellis10@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> >
> >> > Hi,
> >> >
> >> > I brought this up back in 2014
> >> > (https://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2014-05/0115.shtml).  I managed
> to work
> >> > around it but just ended up running into it again.   I'm running SVN
> 1.8.13.
> >> >
> >> > C:\Project_files\wc1>svn rename C:\project_files\wc1\foo.c bar.c
> >> > svn: E155004: Run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help
> cleanup'
> >> > for details)
> >> > svn: E155004: Working copy 'C:\Project_files\wc1' locked.
> >> > svn: E155004: 'C:\Project_files\wc1' is already locked.
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > C:\Project_files\wc1>svn rename foo.c bar.c
> >> > A         bar.c
> >> > D         foo.c
> >> >
> >> > Can anyone else confirm this is an issue before I cross it over to
> dev?
> >>
> >> Hi Dan,
> >>
> >> I've tried this with a 1.9.1 svn client, and it seems to work fine. So
> >> I guess this was fixed in 1.9.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Johan
> >
> > OK, so I installed 1.9.7 just now and I still get the same issue....
> > but....
> >
> > It looks like it might be related to if the working copy is based on a
> > file:/// repo.  If I do a rename with an absolute path for SRC for a
> working
> > copy not based on a file:///, it does work.
> >
> > Would you mind trying a new local repo?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> (Dan, just a small thing: please don't top-post on this list, but put
> your reply at the bottom or inline, thanks)
>
> I thought I had tried this before, and couldn't reproduce it. But now
> I tried again, and ... lo and behold:
>
> [[[
> C:\Temp\test>svnadmin create repos
>
> C:\Temp\test>svn co file:///C:/temp/test/repos wc
> Checked out revision 0.
>
> C:\Temp\test>cd wc
>
> C:\Temp\test\wc>echo test > foo.txt
>
> C:\Temp\test\wc>svn add foo.txt
> A         foo.txt
>
> C:\Temp\test\wc>svn ci -mm
> Adding         foo.txt
> Transmitting file data .done
> Committing transaction...
> Committed revision 1.
>
> C:\Temp\test\wc>svn rename C:\temp\test\wc\foo.txt bar.txt
> svn: E155004: Run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help
> cleanup' for details)
> svn: E155004: Working copy 'C:\Temp\test\wc' locked.
> svn: E155004: 'C:\Temp\test\wc' is already locked.
>
> C:\Temp\test\wc>svn rename C:\Temp\test\wc\foo.txt bar.txt
> A         bar.txt
> D         foo.txt
> ]]]
>
> Can you spot the difference between the first (failed) attempt for the
> rename, and the second (successful) one?
>
> Right, if I specify a different "casing" for the SRC absolute path
> ("temp" instead of "Temp"), it fails like you said. If I use the exact
> casing from the on-disk path, it succeeds. That's interesting :-), and
> clearly a bug.
>
> I've tried again with a trunk (1.10 under development) from a couple
> of weeks ago, and it still fails:
>
> [[[
> C:\Temp\test\wc>C:\research\svn\dev\trunk\dist\bin\svn rename
> C:\temp\test\wc\foo.txt bar.txt
> ..\..\..\subversion\svn\svn.c:3149: (apr_err=SVN_ERR_WC_LOCKED)
> svn: E155004: Run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help
> cleanup' for details)
> ..\..\..\subversion\svn\move-cmd.c:102,
> ..\..\..\subversion\svn\util.c:555,
> ..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_client\copy.c:3298,
> ..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_client\copy.c:3082,
> ..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_client\copy.c:925,
> ..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_client\copy.c:834,
> ..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_wc\lock.c:1560,
> ..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_wc\wc_db.c:14588,
> ..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_wc\wc_db.c:14503: (apr_err=SVN_ERR_WC_LOCKED)
> svn: E155004: Working copy 'C:\Temp\test\wc' locked.
> ..\..\..\subversion\libsvn_wc\wc_db.c:14495: (apr_err=SVN_ERR_WC_LOCKED)
> svn: E155004: 'C:\Temp\test\wc' is already locked.
> ]]]
>
> So, thanks for finding and reporting this :-). I don't have time to
> dig into this right now ... I hope someone else does.
>
> Dan, if you feel like it, you're welcome to file an issue for this in
> our issue tracker: https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SVN/issues.
> I guess this means you also have a workaround now: make sure you
> specify the exact on-disk casing for those absolute paths.
>
> --
> Johan
>

Hi Johan,

You are absolutely correct - it is based on case of SRC.  I swear I had
checked casing as I've been bit before, but obviously I missed it.  I did
create a JIRA issue.

Thanks for the support!

Dan

Mime
View raw message