subversion-users mailing list archives

From Balogh Péter <balogh.pe...@xcite.hu>
Subject Re: override global-ignores from server side
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2017 09:24:14 GMT

On 2017-09-26 02:37, Johan Corveleyn wrote:
> [...]
built on normal workstations, just those on regulated build systems where we can 100% reproduce
previous builds. Having a default that would make users commit locally build artifacts would
go against that. We manage these artifacts using different tooling that was designed for that
purpose.
>> Well frankly I was under the impression that svn:global-ignores overrode
>> the global-ignores client config setting. Apparently it does not ... I'd
>> call that a bug, but that's water under the bridge ...
>>
>> -- Brane
> Indeed, the designed behaviour (IIUC) was definitely that the
> repository-dictated configuration would take priority over the
> client's config setting [1] (except for command-line options, which
> take even higher priority, as discussed / clarified here: [2]).
>
> The OP has created a JIRA issue:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-4699
>
> I'll add these references also to that issue.
>
> (Note to Peter Balogh: having the issue in JIRA does not mean it will
> be solved more quickly -- someone still needs to pick it up,
> investigate, discuss, and possibly come up with a patch -- any further
> help there is most welcome :-))
>
> [1] https://wiki.apache.org/subversion/ServerDictatedConfiguration#Configuration_hierarchy
>
> [2] https://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2012-01/0210.shtml

Hi,

Thank you, yes, I understand the process :)
But if somebody can help me with some pointers, where to look for this
particular feature implementation, that would be really appreciated!
I'm new to the svn source :)

Best regards,
Peter