subversion-users mailing list archives

From Hiran CHAUDHURI <hiran.chaudh...@amadeus.com>
Subject RE: [EXT] Re: building subversion --with-zlib=.... seems to have no effect
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2017 07:25:39 GMT
>From: Daniel Shahaf [mailto:d.s@daniel.shahaf.name]
>Hiran CHAUDHURI wrote on Thu, 31 Aug 2017 12:19 +0000:
>> >Can you show the linker invocation of libsvn_client?
>>
>> Ah, with the hint from
>> https://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2015-01/0014.shtml
>> I can produce this output:
>>
>> cd subversion/libsvn_subr && /bin/sh " /buildApache/build/subversion-1.9.5/libtool"
--tag=CC --silent --mode=link gcc  -g -O2  -g -O2 -pthread   -Wl,-R$PREFIX/openssl/lib,-R$PREFIX/zlib/lib
 -L$PREFIX/openldap/lib -L$PREFIX/expat/lib  -rpath $PREFIX/subversion/lib -version-info 0
-Wl,--no-undefined -o libsvn_subr-1.la  adler32.lo atomic.lo [...]
>I don't see anything wrong here; but the post you link to says: you can see the actual
linked invocation by running this (long) command manually, after changing --silent to --verbose
or to --debug.

I changed that parameter and saw output long enough to fill a blog - thus I hesitated pasting
it.

>>> So at least that tells me that compilation should have happend with the library
I supplied.
>>> Then maybe all that is missing is the run path setting in the executables?
>
>Setting the linker runtime path may help.  The libtool warning messages printed during
'make install' describe how to do that.

Yes, that is what I tried to work with, and it seems to have helped (see my other message).
Thank you for investigating.

Hiran