subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Saleh, Mai" <Mai_Sa...@mentor.com>
Subject Subversion Server Replacement Query
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2017 09:06:59 GMT
Hi Subversion Support,

Please advise as we need to move subversion from old server with OS RH5U3 to RH7U3, all of
our repositories are hosted on NFS share.
SVN version on old server is 1.6.x and new server has version 1.9.7.

Plan is to rsync old shared area hosting repositories to new shared area and copy configuration
files to the same path on new server. So repositories and configuration files will be in exact
paths. Then we will rename new server with original server name.

Initial test succeeded, but we need to know is there anything that we need to take care of,
do we have to use dump and load as that will take lots of time, due to history and size of
repositories.

Do users need to create a new working copies?

Thanks & BRs

Mai Saleh
IT Global Technologies & Infrastructure
Software Tools Engineer