subversion-users mailing list archives

From "Bennett, Brian" <Brian.Benn...@Transamerica.com>
Subject RE: Using svnperms.py and AuthzSVNAccessFile file together?
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2017 13:10:04 GMT
Thank you for the response, but I'd considered that configuration. Doesn't this:

$authenticated = rw

give all authenticated users read access that will not be managed by pre-commit/svnperms (since
it isn't a write operation).

One of my goals is that I must restrict read access as well.

Brian Bennett | Supv System Admin & Support, TA TECH Change Mgmt/Production Support
o: 319-355-7602 | c: 319-533-1094
e: brian.bennett@transamerica.com | w: www.transamerica.com

Transamerica
6400 C St. SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404 MS-2410
Facebook | LinkedIn

-----Original Message-----
From: Branko ─îibej [mailto:brane@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, March 25, 2017 4:41 AM
To: users@subversion.apache.org
Cc: Bennett, Brian <Brian.Bennett@Transamerica.com>
Subject: Re: Using svnperms.py and AuthzSVNAccessFile file together?

On 24.03.2017 21:28, Bennett, Brian wrote:
> My goals are:
>
> *         Have all read-write access controlled solely by svnperms.py
>
> *         Restrict users that can read the repository
>
> I know that using "* = rw" in the AuthzSVNAccessFile file would allow all read-write
requests to be managed by svnperms.py, but it also allows all users to have read access as
well. So it is appearing like the only way to make this work is to do something like the following
in the AuthzSVNAccessFile file:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__svnbook.red-2Dbean.com_en_1.7_svn.serverconfig.pathbasedauthz.html&d=DwICaQ&c=9g4MJkl2VjLjS6R4ei18BA&r=CorEYR_fG6hKwP1xRO7dkFFJM6UfxLGgypqJT0q3mO4&m=ZPaBa681lvEbh1L0Cm4P9L4VaQf9I6doOlJHAT0aN64&s=FophqA5eBN5Wz3n-LxVYU-GXnLijtR5m6B4UUIgogCY&e=

[repo:/]
$authenticated = rw
$anonymous =