subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Hett <ste...@egosoft.com>
Subject Re: Is Subversion compatible and supported for Windows 10?
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2017 14:12:25 GMT
Hi Paul,
On 2/21/2017 9:39 AM, Paul Jones (ICT) wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam
>
> I am writing to you in regards to your application/system “Subversion”
> that we use in Bridgend County Borough Council
>
> We are going to be moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10 over the next
> few months and we would like to know:-
>
> 1.If your application/system is going to be supported and compatible
> to work with Windows 10 and above ?
>
> 2.If your application/system is going to be supported and compatible
> to work with Microsoft Office 2013 and above ?
>
> Can you please reply back to us as soon as possible with any concerns
> you have before we progress with this rollout ?
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Paul
>
> Paul Jones
>
> Support Team Leader
>
> ICT Department
>
> *Cyngor Bwrdeistref Sirol Pen-Y-Bont ar Ogwr / Bridgend County Borough
> Council*
>
> *Ffon / Tel*: 01656 642135
>
> *E-bost / E-mail*: Paul.Jones12@bridgend.gov.uk
> <mailto:Paul.Jones12@bridgend.gov.uk>

The Apache Subversion project doesn't provide binary distributions of
Subversion itself. Therefore I highly suspect your question goes towards
asking whether some Subversion distribution is compatible with Windows
10. I suggest you contact the appropriate distributor.

FWIW: The subversion code base supports the Visual Studio compiler (up
to the most recent one) and there are no issues with getting Subversion
running on Windows 10 which I'd be aware of. That said: All the current
builds for MaxSVN [1] (an experimental SVN developer focused
distribution) are tested on Windows 10 and work fine there.

[1] http://www.luke1410.de/typo3/index.php?id=97

--
Regards,
Stefan Hett