subversion-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <danie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVN log --revision "{2017-02-23T18:53Z}:{2017-02-24T02:46:15.225107Z}" not parsing date correctly?
Date Sat, 25 Feb 2017 08:20:08 GMT
Dane Kantner wrote on Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 17:42:15 -0600:
> True except in my environment those are non issue as we control it pretty
> tightly with process (and I would assume most professional development
> shops are under similar constraints?). I actually started with revision
> numbers but I wanted to specifically use the date time and not revision
> number for modularity of then also having the functionality to pull by date
> time specifically in script. But I suppose I can go the route of using
> revision number in the same function but also build a wrapper for that
> other functionality to determine revision number at the time based on
> provided date time.
>
> But nonetheless it seems like if the revision date range functionality is
> going to be there it should work?

The «-r {DATE}» functionality is implemented by a server-side binary
search on svn:date values, so it misbehaves when the svn:date across the
entire history (of the whole repository, not just the target path) are
not in ascending order.

That's a known issue.  It usually happens due to dump/load into an
existing repository.

Cheers,

Daniel