subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Sperling <s...@elego.de>
Subject Re: svndumpfilter crash on empty revisions
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2017 08:52:24 GMT
On Thu, Feb 02, 2017 at 02:57:02PM +0000, Steven Barbaglia wrote:
> I am moving an SVN repository from one third-party remote server to a local one and I
would like to remove empty revisions but svndumpfilter keeps crashing.  I first loaded the
dump from svnradmin into a local repository and dumped it again.  I also tried with a dump
that just includes the first few revisions, but svndumpfilter keeps crashing.  Some of the
attempts include:

>   svndumpfilter --drop-empty-revs --renumber-revs include / < svnadmin.dump > svndumpfilter.dump
>   svndumpfilter include / < svnadmin.dump > svndumpfilter.dump
>   svndumpfilter exclude junk < svnadmin.dump > svndumpfilter.dump
>
> I am attaching the dump with just the first few revisions and a crash log.
>
> PS I am using the latest public svn version, 1.9.5 from CollabNet for Windows 64-bit.

Thank Steven!
Providing a dump file which triggered the problem helped a lot.

I have fixed this problem in https://svn.apache.org/r1781507
I expect this bug to get patched in the next 1.9.x release.

Stefan