subversion-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Hett <ste...@egosoft.com>
Subject Re: wc.db-journal files not being backed up by Time Machine
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2017 11:43:31 GMT
Hi,
On 1/25/2017 12:43 AM, SkiAddict11 wrote:
> I have several SVN repositories on my local hard disk, a Mac running El Capitan 10.11.6.
 I back up my disk using Time Machine and then use diff in the Terminal to verify the backup.

> Since I upgraded to SVN 1.7.22 I've noticed that diff tells me none of my repositories'
wc.db-journal files are being backed up.  I haven't added them to the TM exclusions list,
so this surprises me.

> Should I worry about this?  Or is wc.db-journal a file that gets recreated if SVN doesn't
find it?  Googling doesn't turn up anything useful, nor does searching the list archives here.

> TIA

I'm quite sure you are mixing up the terms repository and working copy,
right? If not, please ignore the following.

Just take a look at wc.db-journal. The file size of that file is 0 in
all my cases and is a temp file used by SQLite. It would be non-empty
for cases where the svn-process would crash I assume. Further details
see [1].
I assume TM only backs up non-empty files, no?

[1] https://www.sqlite.org/tempfiles.html

--
Regards,
Stefan Hett